Perfect Bedrooms for Kids
Date Posted:31 October 2013
Children’s bedrooms and play areas should be a space where the imagination comes to life. Instead of sticking with plain and boring colours, create an area full of vibrant colour to encourage exploration and play. These simple ideas from expert designers will help with re-decorating the perfect kid’s space.
- Whether for boys or girls, pick a colour scheme and work it through the room. Include lots of eye-catching pictures, murals and educational prints such as number or alphabet charts.
- Invest in solid furniture that can also be used for storage: plastic tubs under the bed or on shelves will help keep those toys organised and can be co-ordinated to match the chosen colour scheme.
- Build up, not out. Create more space by including furniture that is high rather than wide.
- Design the room in sections by making specific areas for sleeping, playing and doing school and bookwork.
- Try not to invest too much in a child’s current fad - what was popular this week is usually forgotten next week. Rather than expensive licensed accessories, try to stick to simple themes like jungle and farmyard animals for boys or flowers and butterflies for girls.