Create A Stunning Vintage Childrens Bedroom. Top Designer Tips!
Date Posted:9 January 2018
Create A Stunning Vintage Children’s Bedroom In A Weekend!
Vintage styling is all the rage right now. Well, it never really went out of fashion, did it? When it comes to children’s rooms, vintage styling is perennially popular thanks to the calming vibe it creates, and the easy to coordinate neutral colours and tones.
Between sleeping, playing and working, kids spend a lot of time in their rooms. The space needs to be peaceful and relaxing, while still keeping a sense of fun and suiting your child’s unique personality.
So, is it possible to create a charming vintage children’s bedroom in just one weekend? The answer is yes – with a few helpful hints from our design team.
We’ve showcased a few stunning transformations shared by our happy clients on our website, too, for extra inspiration. Check out our Hip Kids Unboxed transformations here!
Seven steps to vintage heaven!
- Paint. Paint is a cheap and easy way to change a space quickly. Think pastels and soft tones for your vintage style – nothing bright, bold or ‘in your face’. Prepare well for the best finish, and let your paint fully dry while you go shopping for the furniture and accessories.
- Furniture. The big ticket item in a bedroom is obviously the bed. Bedheads are very vintage and many of our parents and grandparents grew up with a plush or wooden bedhead. Add a bedhead to your kids’ current bed for a simple retro change to the look of your room. Browse the Hip Kids bed range here. As well as the bed, what about the humble bedside table? They have come a long way since Grandma used one to store her teeth at night! A bedside table adds space for a night light or additional storage for the room. Our Felix storage unit is ideal as a bedside space maker. Add books and quiet time toys for your bedtime routine.
- Hang it up. Stands and racks are a winner when it comes to space saving and keeping items off the floor. Those dress up clothes driving you mad are sorted with our Isla Dress Up rack. Hang old fashioned high heels, hats, jewellery and ties for a really vintage feel.
- Rugs and soft spaces. The room needs to be balanced with hard and soft edges. A nice rug or playmat for the kids to sit on is ideal to soften a room. Add a vintage touch with our beautiful 100% felt ball Grey rug. This soft area is ideal for reading and quiet time. Store all your vintage Golden Books in one of our kids’ bookshelves designed with little people in mind.
- Playspace. Ok, we all know the toys are a never-ending eyesore around the kids’ rooms, but if you want them to put those wooden blocks and metal cars away, you need dedicated spaces for them to store everything. The super cute vintage style Toy Box on wheels in our storage range is ideal for dragging around between games while your kids are playing at one of our kids’ table and chair sets or in their teepees. Afterwards have them put all the toys away into our stackable toy boxes.
- Toys. What’s more vintage than wooden toys and role playing for little people? From our wooden toy Cash Register to a classic vintage dolls pram, ‘old fashioned’ toys are sometimes the best loved! For imaginative play, choose pretend food to serve in their own little corner store or retro play kitchen.
- Accessories. Simple bed linen with textured cushions and a snuggly throw will add timeless decorative and functional concepts to your vintage space. What’s more, these items can be passed down for generations, sharing a genuine vintage look with the family for years to come.
Add a dash of vintage, a sprinkle of whimsy and a drop of contemporary in a weekend with these easy styling tips. Your bedroom makeover is complete! Now to Instagram it, pronto!
Browse the Hip Kids range of stylish, practical children’s furniture today and create a stunning vintage children’s bedroom in no time!