Retail Store Manager
HipKids is an exciting Melbourne business that designs, creates and sells a range of stylish and inspirational toys and furniture for children. We care for our people so they can care for themselves, others and enjoy coming to work each day. We stay true to our values of trust, respect and integrity and we work hard because it matters.
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Retail Store Manager. Reporting to the Office Manager, you will work with our dedicated in-store team, providing leadership, guidance and coaching in sales and store operations to motivate and engage our retail team to be high performers.
This is a fast paced and busy role which requires:
- A customer service focused retailer who can drive sales results
- A quick thinker and planner with strong team leadership skills that will motivate and inspire your team
- A decision maker and a problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Strong communication, negotiating skills along with thorough organisational and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and delegate is essential
- Recruiting, training and developing your team together with the Office Manager to identify and encourage succession planning
- Experience in staff rostering and controlling wages
- An understanding of visual merchandising techniques and principals to ensure that our products are displayed according to company guidelines, and promotional activity
- Ensuring our store routines, policies and guidelines are met at all times
You must have experience managing a small team in a busy retail environment and be confident with computer use (Mac preferred), and have ability to learn and use our internal operating systems of Shopify and DEAR.
Our team is based at our Office/Retail Store in the inner eastern suburb of Deepdene. This is a Part Time role with a base roster of 28.5 hours over a week of Monday-Friday 9am - 3.30pm and Saturday 9am-1.30pm (RDO Thursday).
There is ample local all-day parking available.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference and to join a business that encourages initiative and recognises and values all employees.
Inexperienced candidates need not apply. Contact will be made only to arrange an interview.
If you believe this role is for you, please email us via email@example.com