For kids, beach trips aren’t complete without a solid set of fun beach toys to use in the sand. From...
Various beach toys can be used on the beach, depending on what you and your family enjoy. Some popular kids' toys include:
- Sand toys — Buckets, shovels, rakes and more, perfect for building sandcastles or just playing in the sand.
- Water toys — Water guns, pool floats and beach balls are great for splashing around and staying cool in the water.
Outdoor games — Games such as frisbee, volleyball and tennis are great to play on the beach with older children.
You can carry beach & sand toys in several ways, depending on the type of transportation you use. If you are walking or biking to the beach, you can put them in a backpack or a tote that can be carried over your shoulder. If you are driving, you can put them in a box or a bag in the trunk of your car. You can also use a wagon to transport sand toys if you have a lot of them.
While the sand and sea can bring plenty of entertainment — it’s not guaranteed to keep your children excited throughout the whole trip. Make your trip more exciting by bringing along some beach toys for them to play with in the sand. You can also try to find a nearby playground or splash pad for them to enjoy. Don't forget to pack some snacks and drinks to keep them hydrated and energised throughout the day.
Bring toys that are easy to clean and don't take up too much room in your bag. It's also smart to bring along some snacks, so they're not hungry when they get there. Be sure you find an area with sand that's not too hot for little feet. And, of course, build sandcastles!
Beach toys are must-haves for a fun and enjoyable day at the beach, including buckets, shovels, wagons and more. Beach balls are also a great addition to any beach trip. These toys will keep everyone entertained for hours on end.
Beach toys can harbour bacteria and other harmful microorganisms, so it's important to clean them regularly. There are a few different ways you can clean beach toys:
- Use a diluted bleach solution. Mix 1 part bleach with 10 parts water. Soak the toys in the solution for 5 minutes, then rinse well with fresh water.
- Use a vinegar solution. Mix 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water. Soak the toys in the solution for 5 minutes, then rinse well with fresh water.
- Use a commercial disinfectant. Follow the instructions on the product’s label.
Whatever method you choose, make sure you rinse the toys well afterwards to remove any residual chemicals.