Beautiful Christmas decorations for your home don't have to be expensive. A little time and money is all that is needed to make some simple but beautiful snowflake decorations from dried pasta, glue, coloured spray paint and glitter. To make them, follow these steps:
- Select your type of pasta - Wagon wheels and shells are great for these, but if the kids want to use other types then get creative!
- Arrange the dried pasta shapes into different designs. Katy Elliott.com made theirs into snowflakes.
- Stick your pasta pieces together by brushing glue onto touching edges and pressing together. Leave them to dry on a piece of wax paper, moving them every so often to stop them from sticking to the paper.
- Put a layer of the dried designs in a big cardboard box, leaving space between each decoration. Choose what colour you want your decoration to be and coat with a fine layer of spray paint. Allow to dry, then repeat until they are completely covered on both sides (shaking the box occasionally during drying times will help prevent them sticking to the box).
- Use glue to add glitter to your dried decoration; we recommend thinning the glue with water to get a better consistency. Use plenty of glitter!
- Leave to dry, then add more glitter as desired.
- Turn your dried pasta craft into hanging decorations by feeding ribbon through one of the pasta shapes, and then use to decorate your home or give as a gift to a loved one.